We have produced training courses for both frontline workers and consumers, as well as some resources to help reduce energy poverty, and increase the comfort in people’s homes.
Please note that as energy policy is a devolved matter in the UK, many of the support programmes and definitions are different across the UK and as such these courses are aimed at people living in England.
- A course for frontline workers who support vulnerable people in their day to day work and who want to know more about supporting their clients on using energy in the home.
- A short course for consumers on using energy in the home, saving money and improving comfort.
- Basic knowledge about the energy sector
- Basic knowledge about social security and energy poverty
- How to identify consumers struggling to pay their energy bills
- Consumer rights – bill, tariffs, switching suppliers, services for vulnerable consumers
- National and local support for consumers
- How to refer people to STEP energy advisers
- Understanding bills and tariffs
- Understanding ways to save money in the home
- Understanding what support is available
- How to get support from STEP advisers
If you have any queries about this course, please contact Citizens Advice here.